Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Found Object Assemblage

It's so interesting how many types of collage there are and very fun to see the many different types of assemblage pieces people can come up with. You almost have to be a little crazy to be an assemblage artist. I have seen so many different pieces that you look at it and think, "What the heck was going through their head when they made that? But it is pretty awesome".

I took my son to the Children's Museum here in Chicago and saw this great assemblage piece of found objects that was shaped into a life size horse. It had so many great antique and vintage items intertwined all inside it. Next time I go, I will have to take a picture and share it with you, it was absolutely amazing!

Here are some great assemblage pieces made of found objects...




Becki Smith's "Trump" at www.beckismith.com


Barbara Irwin's "Descending Man" at www.foundobjectart.com

p.s. sorry I have been gone so long, moving to a different state takes up a lot of your time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I joined the Collage Etsy Team weeks ago and have been meaning to ask how we contribute to the blog. I currently have 3 collages listed in my Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete